August 12, 2008

One Day It Will All Make Sense

With the advent of growing up, I started to peep WIRED magazine for kicks. Some major moves right here, baby; I went from watching The Wire to reading WIRED. Anyhow, I found one joint on their website that highlights 12 ways to improve your daily lifestyle from a WIRED point of view. For example, one tip is to distract oneself during a study session to improve memory processing. Another good one mentioned is to maximize your energy levels by spacing out small doses of caffiene during the day, rather than taking one powerful dose in the morning. To be honest, I think WIRED magazine kind of sucks, but there's still a lot of great things to extract from it.


Back in the late 90's, Ted Newsome had a monthly 2 page section in Transworld called the "A New York Minute". It was probably my favorite feature, because it featured East Coast skating and tidbits that drive East Coast skaterats like myself wild. It was definitely more creative and loosely organized than any other standard TWS article. It was essentially a lifestyle piece, before that particular lifestyle became branded beyond realness. Thanks to Chrome Ball Incident for posting that blast from the blasts.



Last but not least, I have always been a fan of WARP records. Sometimes I would like to think of it as a gentleman's MoWax. Some of my favorite Warp artists have been Vincent Gallo, Clark, Boards of Canada, and Jackson and the Computer Band. Recently, WARP released the album "LOS ANGELES" by the artist known as Flying Lotus. It's got some bangers on it, especially the ones that feature the female vocals of Golly. The youtube link above is a sample of my favorite song on the album called "Infinitum".



I rolls dolo from Chinatown to Chinatown.

-Cool Carryout

No comments: